Thursday, September 1, 2011

My first sewing project!


Don't look too close!  I goofed on one of the curves.  I don't know what happened, it just got away from me.  Then I went back over it.  I slowed down for the other curve and it went better. 

Now onto project number 2.  I'm so excited to make cloth napkins with mitered corners!  I went to JoAnn's this morning and bought 3 yards of nice fabric that was half off.  I also bought a bunch of remnants of nice fabrics, that were more than half off.  I'll use the remnants first so that by the time I get to the good stuff I should know what I'm doing.  That's my theory, anyway : ).

How do I have time for this, you might wonder?  I read to the kids last night and got a little ahead, so I'm taking a project day.  They, on the other hand, are diligently doing school.  Oh- and my mom brings us lunch on Thursdays.  Another of the many perks of living close to my folks.  And Calvin volunteered to sweep the floor for me.  Every bit helps!



Hopefully, I'll have some beautiful cloth napkins soon!  (This is especially timely since I quit buying paper towels, which we also used as napkins.  We've been wiping faces and hands with rags for a month!)

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it the best feeling to create something?!?!? The only down side is spending all day starring at your children wearing what you just made.
    Never point out the mistakes!!! You did a great job!!!! I am so proud of you!!! How awesome! I'm going to send you some cute fabric!
    ;)
    Email me if you need any patterns

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
My photo
I'm an on-the-run mom to 6 kids who studied and taught exercise science in a previous life. I love all things running, nutrition, and health-related. I usually run at zero dark thirty in the morning and am often quite hungry before, during, and after my run, but I live a rich, full, blessed life with my children, family, and friends. My faith in God is my anchor, and looking to Him and His promises allows me to live fully even when life circumstances are difficult. While running gives me an appetite, my desire is to hunger and thirst for righteousness more than for physical food.