Saturday, September 24, 2011

I just couldn't help myself.

I was supposed to be re-organizing my sewing/dining room today and I have been, but in the midst of sorting through all that fabric, I just had to give this long-sleeve peasant dress tutorial at Prudent Baby a try.  It took me longer than I thought it would and my Granny had to come to my rescue once, but I did it! 



Heaven forbid my little preschooler not have a new dress to wear to church in the morning.  I wish I had used a knit fabric, but the napkin fabric worked alright.  I'll blame it on the napkins.  I knew I needed to make two more cloth napkins for my mom's birthday lunch tomorrow and that I definitely didn't feel like making 8, so I decided to make two napkins and a little dress.  What do you think?

Now back to my reorganizing project.  I will finish tonight because we're having the family for lunch tomorrow in honor of my mom's birthday.  The sewing room will be a dining room by tomorrow.    It has to be.

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty. Will you be making 2 more for your other girls? I ended up making 2 modest skirts from Reformation Acres and just read the pattern and saw that I made it wrong, so I will be making 2 more. You would never know and the girls LOVE them already. Suprisingly flannel makes for nice skirts and warm skirts for the fall and winter months ahead.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
My photo
I'm an on-the-run mom to 6 kids who studied and taught exercise science in a previous life. I love all things running, nutrition, and health-related. I usually run at zero dark thirty in the morning and am often quite hungry before, during, and after my run, but I live a rich, full, blessed life with my children, family, and friends. My faith in God is my anchor, and looking to Him and His promises allows me to live fully even when life circumstances are difficult. While running gives me an appetite, my desire is to hunger and thirst for righteousness more than for physical food.