Saturday, September 10, 2011

Guess what I've been doing? Sewing!

I'm so obsessive.  I have a one track mind and right now and it's on sewing.  Crazy!!!  This morning we went to Hobby Lobby and bought a t-shirt (they're 50% off today).  This afternoon during nap time I finished Twinkle Toes' 3-tiered skirt and then made a t-shirt dress in about an hour. 

I read several tutorials before and during my 3-tiered skirt project, but I really like the 3-tiered skirt tutorial at Cool People Sew.

Jama at Cool People Sew also has a great tutorial for making t-shirt dresses.  Roan (Joyful Always) and her daughters inspired me to give it a try and I'm so glad I did.  It really was easy.
Here are some pics of the process and finished products.


As you can see, I still can't sew in a straight line, but this is what it looked like after sewing the middle tier onto the top tier and finishing the edges with a zig zag stitch.

The top two tiers.  I went ahead and did the elastic casing and sewed the elastic in place before sewing together the first two tiers.  I'm happy to report that I did NOT repeat my stupid mistake from last time, but I did make many new ones : ).  My gathering isn't terribly uniform, for example.  No perfectionism here.  I'm more into speed : ).


Just before sewing the third tier ono the second.  I also hemmed the third tier before gathering it.

The finished product!  I'm really happy with it and can't wait until Twinkle Toes gets home and can try it on!
Can you tell she loves it?  I just woke her up from nap and made her come try it on!
I think I may be hooked.

1 comment:

  1. I’m just like you...I get a project on my mind and just have to go for it!!! LOL
    Great job on the sewing!!! I’m feelin’ a sewing obsession comin’ on. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
My photo
I'm an on-the-run mom to 6 kids who studied and taught exercise science in a previous life. I love all things running, nutrition, and health-related. I usually run at zero dark thirty in the morning and am often quite hungry before, during, and after my run, but I live a rich, full, blessed life with my children, family, and friends. My faith in God is my anchor, and looking to Him and His promises allows me to live fully even when life circumstances are difficult. While running gives me an appetite, my desire is to hunger and thirst for righteousness more than for physical food.