Thursday, August 4, 2011

Praising God and thanking Him for His protection!

We've been nursing along our downstairs central AC unit for several years now.  This summer it finally went caput.  Rather than forking over the big money right away we decided to try to wait it out a few months with some window units (our attempt at being Radical).   They kept the house under 80 in record heat, but we caved and had the AC guy out yesterday.  You won't believe what he told us and showed my husband.  Our unit actually exploded and caused an explosion in our attic.  The AC unit is all burned up inside and there's evidence of a small fire in the attic where the transformer, or something like that, blew up.  I guess this happened sometime early in the summer.  We never knew.  We never knew about the explosions.  We never knew about the fires.  We never knew to be grateful to God for sparing our lives or our home.  To the contrary, we've been grousing about the heat all summer. 
We've been memorizing Psalm 91 this summer and it popped into my mind immediately yesterday when we realized what happened.  There is no safer place to be than abiding under the shadow of the Almighty!  There is no better refuge than the Lord.  I love that He gives His angels charge concerning us to guard us in all our ways.  Praise the Lord for His gracious protection and care!  I wonder how many other times He has graciously intervened to rescue us from danger.  I have a feeling the angels He's dispatched to our family are very busy, especially the ones assigned to a certain two year old in the house.  What a great reminder to praise the Lord for His protection each and every day- whether I'm aware of the specific circumstances He rescued us from, or not!

Speaking of praising the Lord- we're so thankful Nana and Grandfather made it home from their trip to Texas A&M!  The kids all love their t-shirts and we decided as a family that if you pay for their college, they'll go wherever you want them to :).  Thanks!

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
My photo
I'm an on-the-run mom to 6 kids who studied and taught exercise science in a previous life. I love all things running, nutrition, and health-related. I usually run at zero dark thirty in the morning and am often quite hungry before, during, and after my run, but I live a rich, full, blessed life with my children, family, and friends. My faith in God is my anchor, and looking to Him and His promises allows me to live fully even when life circumstances are difficult. While running gives me an appetite, my desire is to hunger and thirst for righteousness more than for physical food.