Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Another of the many reasons we homeschool.

There are many reasons to homeschool.  You can read some of the things we love about homeschooling on the homeschool tab at the top of my blog.  This is one of the biggies:  to foster close relationships between siblings.  I know that Twinkle Toes would love her baby brother even if she went to school all day long, but it's such a blessing for both of them that they get to spend the majority of each day together.  Twinkle Toes has been crocheting for... oh about 2 weeks now!  I took her to a local fabric and crafts store yesterday and the first thing she picked out was yarn for making a hat for Calvin.  You can tell she was pretty excited about it since she finished it already!


I think he's excited about it, too!  It may not be a flawlessly crocheted hat, she is a beginner after all, but it was made with love for her baby brother.  And that means the world to me!


It doesn't get much more rewarding than that!  Oh, and I have to ask you to turn up your volume for a minute and listen to Twinkle Toes' two newest recordings that I uploaded to my playlist.  What a talented girl!  But, what I love most about my sweet 10 year old daughter is not how competent in the kitchen she is, or how industrious she is when given a task to complete, but her precious heart.  This girl really does aim to please.  She loves the Lord and she loves her family.  What more can you ask of your child?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
My photo
I'm an on-the-run mom to 6 kids who studied and taught exercise science in a previous life. I love all things running, nutrition, and health-related. I usually run at zero dark thirty in the morning and am often quite hungry before, during, and after my run, but I live a rich, full, blessed life with my children, family, and friends. My faith in God is my anchor, and looking to Him and His promises allows me to live fully even when life circumstances are difficult. While running gives me an appetite, my desire is to hunger and thirst for righteousness more than for physical food.