Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 4- Success!

I think those laminated checklists did the trick!  Or could it have been that I put breakfast in the crockpot the night before?  (Overnight oatmeal, which then led to leftover oatmeal cookies!)  Or the fact that I got up at 5:45?  Certainly those things didn't hurt, but mainly it's the Lord graciously answering our prayers for a productive, joyful homeschool day.  The kids were finished with all their work by lunch!  I'm so proud of them.  We've been talking about diligence in the mornings and I can see the Lord working in their hearts, ok some of their hearts. 

Here's what Monk (12) had checked off by noon!

Bible reading
Scripture memory (say 5X)
Bible study
Math (Algebra II !)
Reading
Greek (2 pages plus flashcards)
Eastern hemisphere explorer assignment
Language arts (Today he had Wordly Wise, Keys to Good Language, and a Sonlight writing assignment)
Computer programming (Python)
Typing
Piano

Twinkle Toes' daily checklist looks almost identical to her brother's, but instead of computer programming, she's continuing with handwriting this year.  They both also had reading time, spelling, and science with me.

Measle (8) still needed some help reading her Instructor's Guide to discern her Language Arts assignments for today.  Other than that, she did well.  Progress.

We're schooling on 4 days this year, a first for us.  Normally, we'll make Wednesday a light school day with math and science only since we go to Community Bible Study for 2.5 hours out of that day.  Since CBS hasn't started yet, we've already finished our four days this week.  I think I'll make tomorrow project day.  I know I should work in my "office" all day, but I think we'll make soap.  I've been wanting to try that for so long, I might just have to give it a shot.  You know what I say about everything.  If I can do a cell migration assay, I can make soap.  (Cell migration assays really are tricky!!)  And thanks to a recent experience of my friend Dawn at Olive Plants, I'll be wearing eye protection.  Dawn sells cool decorative soaps, by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
My photo
I'm an on-the-run mom to 6 kids who studied and taught exercise science in a previous life. I love all things running, nutrition, and health-related. I usually run at zero dark thirty in the morning and am often quite hungry before, during, and after my run, but I live a rich, full, blessed life with my children, family, and friends. My faith in God is my anchor, and looking to Him and His promises allows me to live fully even when life circumstances are difficult. While running gives me an appetite, my desire is to hunger and thirst for righteousness more than for physical food.