Friday, August 5, 2011

We're book people.

Calvin is beginning to get more mobile.  Catching him studying these picture books made me smile and run for the camera.  I think it's a good sign, don't you?  He's going to be a book person, too!


The bookshelf Calvin is studying holds all of Prince's Five in a Row books.  I'm so excited to have the opportunity to review Before Five in a Row, as part of the TOS Crew this year!  Can you tell Calvin is excited, too?  Oh, how it thrills my heart to see this kid reaching for books.  I remember when another little one was first discovering the joys of reading.


Ha!  If I had only known then what I know now!!  This morning in the 30 second head-start she got on me out of her bedroom, she managed to procure and open a bottle of nail polish.  She painted two toes before I could get to her.  (I was trying to put her shoes on her so she could go to lunch with Nana.)  Anyway, I'm just glad Big D and I are raising little bibliophiles :).  Are you a book lover, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
My photo
I'm an on-the-run mom to 6 kids who studied and taught exercise science in a previous life. I love all things running, nutrition, and health-related. I usually run at zero dark thirty in the morning and am often quite hungry before, during, and after my run, but I live a rich, full, blessed life with my children, family, and friends. My faith in God is my anchor, and looking to Him and His promises allows me to live fully even when life circumstances are difficult. While running gives me an appetite, my desire is to hunger and thirst for righteousness more than for physical food.