Saturday, September 25, 2010

A real live Boy Scout!

A couple of years ago our oldest son made it known that he really wanted to be a Scout.  I found this interesting since I had been a Brownie drop-out, but discussed it with my husband who agreed to take-on this activity with Monk.  A few weeks ago we attended his bridging ceremony in which he became a real live Boy Scout.
Receiving his arrow from Big D.

 The Bridge

 Getting initiated in by other Boy Scouts

 With his ceremonial walking stick.

  I've always been a sucker for a man in uniform!

There were some cute members of the audience cheering for their Bubba.

1 comment:

  1. He does look very handsome :)

    We are enjoying our Boy Scout adventure very much...and have pleasantly surprised with how great the program still is.

    Hope you're having a great weekend! Any signs of labor???

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
My photo
I'm an on-the-run mom to 6 kids who studied and taught exercise science in a previous life. I love all things running, nutrition, and health-related. I usually run at zero dark thirty in the morning and am often quite hungry before, during, and after my run, but I live a rich, full, blessed life with my children, family, and friends. My faith in God is my anchor, and looking to Him and His promises allows me to live fully even when life circumstances are difficult. While running gives me an appetite, my desire is to hunger and thirst for righteousness more than for physical food.