Wednesday, September 29, 2010

He hasn't even arrived yet and he's already derailing our schedule!

Monday I saw my Dr. and she said I was 75% effaced and 3.5 cm dilated.  I really thought I was going into labor Monday night.  I had contractions off and on all evening and night.  They were 3 minutes apart for about 2 hrs.  Still no baby.  I did lose a night's sleep though.  I'm beginning to appreciate that with a scheduled induction at least you go into it rested.  I'm so grateful I didn't go into labor yesterday on no sleep.  Hopefully I'll get rested up and then go into real labor...soon.

Please don't tell me if you walked around for 3 weeks in my condition!  I keep thinking labor must be right around the corner.  I think I've decided to go ahead and get induced at 39 weeks if this baby doesn't come on his own before then.  I've gained a whole new appreciation for inductions of late!

On the bright side, we've had family visiting this week and the kids have had a wonderful time playing with their cousins.  I've finally gotten my bag packed (a little too optimistic?) and I've pre-registered at the hospital.  We're all just waiting for baby Calvin to make his grand appearance.  Prayers appreciated.

4 comments:

  1. Your 4 day gap in posting made me wonder if you hadn't already had Mr Baby Calvin!! I think it IS soon though!

    So excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoooh, looking forward to the arrival of your new baby blessing!!

    We still have 10 weeks to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, Celee, but with my last 4 I walked around dilated from 4-5 for 2 weeks or more! With my first I was 3 cm at 35 weeks, and she was born the next day. I was induced with the last 3, and was already 5 cm when they began the induction. Labor progressed fast!
    Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my.... you poor thing. I feel your pain... I have had many nights where I thought I would be having Sweet P. I go to the Dr. today... hopefully good news awaits!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
My photo
I'm an on-the-run mom to 6 kids who studied and taught exercise science in a previous life. I love all things running, nutrition, and health-related. I usually run at zero dark thirty in the morning and am often quite hungry before, during, and after my run, but I live a rich, full, blessed life with my children, family, and friends. My faith in God is my anchor, and looking to Him and His promises allows me to live fully even when life circumstances are difficult. While running gives me an appetite, my desire is to hunger and thirst for righteousness more than for physical food.