Kimberly @ Raising Olives gave me my first blog award. Thank you so much! I'm new to the world of blogging, but found Raising Olives early on and have stuck there. Kimberly has helped me work out kinks in our homeschool schedule using Sonlight with kids of different ages, even pre-schoolers. Most recently we've begun following the example of Kimberly's family by implementing Mathew 18 as a way of teaching our children to get along with one another. This is so simple, yet profound. It's cut down on the tattling already and the best part is we're helping our kids to develop Biblical conflict resolution skills.
The catch is, to accept this award I must answer the questions below using only one word.
1. Where is your cell phone? What?
2.Your hair? Thick
3. Your mother? Best
4. Your father? Greatest
5. Your favorite food? Cheese
6. Your dream last night? Forgot
7. Your favorite drink? Cocoa
8. Your dream/goal? Holiness
9. What room are you in? Study
10. Your hobby? Blogging
11. Your fear? Airplanes
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Here
13. Where were you last night? Home
14. Something you aren’t? Relaxed
15. Muffins? Blueberry
16. Wish list item? Baby
17. Where did you grow up? Texas
18. Last thing you did? Worship
19. What are you wearing? Jeans
20. Your TV? Lonely
21. Your pets? Jack
22. Your friends? Diverse
23. Your life? Blessed
24. Your mood? Excited
25. Missing someone? No
26. Vehicle? YukonXL
27. Something you’re not wearing? Earrings
28. Your favorite store? Amazon
29. Your favorite color? Red
30. When was the last time you laughed? Tonight
31. Last time you cried? Forgot
32. Your best friend? BigD
33. One place that I go over and over? Pool
34. One person who emails me regularly? Facebook
35. Favorite place to eat? Mom's
Now I get to pass this award on to 6 of my favorite bloggers.
1. Bridget @ Don't Blink! . She's a lively spirit and is taking her show on the road. She and her family will be touring the US by RV and I know you won't want to miss out on their adventure of a lifetime.
2. Heather @ Especially Heather. Heather and I knew one another in "real life" a million years ago. I caught up with her through facebook and her blog recently. She's a cancer surviver and has a miracle daughter. Heather cuts through the small talk and gets right to what matters- glorifying God in all circumstances.
3. Jennifer @ Praise Like David. I just found her blog last week. Check out her cool post on the excavation of the ancient underground city of Derinkuyu located in modern day Turkey.
4. Noelle @ TripleSmiles. Noelle is my "real life" friend who first convinced me that I should join facebook and then suggested I start a blog. What will it be next, Noelle? A cell phone? Answering machine? I feel fully planted in the 21st centurty with two feet now thanks to my friend Noelle. She blogs about her exciting life with a 3, 2, and 1 year old.
5. Snuzi @ Every Captive Thought. Snuzi's mom and my mom are best friends and we had our babies 3 days apart last year. This year we're in the same Community Bible Study discussion group and I'm enjoying getting to know her better. She loves the Lord and has such a great sense of humor- I know you'll love her blog.
6. Amy @ Raising Arrows. I just found her blog recently through At the Well. Amy suffered the loss of her precious daughter Emily a few years back and recently wrote about grief and what you can do for a friend who's grieving the loss of a child. She has a heart for the Lord and for family and has a wondeful way with words.