Saturday, October 1, 2011

Hoedown 2011

The location for Measle's hoedown this year was Maxwell's pumpkin farm.  What a fun place, but it was a little dusty today.  Big D brought the camera and got some great shots of the little kids. 


Love that boy!


Granny enjoying the show.

Measle's teacher gets everyone involved in hoedown.  Family members are invited to get on stage and make music and spoons are handed out to the audience.  My mom made a puppet dance, Dad played bass, and Twinkle Toes and our neighbor even played the washboard for awhile.

My mom, the master puppeteer.

Doesn't my dad look cute at bass?


Our Prince is king of the hill!



Calvin proved better at eating the spoons than playing them.

Now look who has the spoons.

Our Prince and Queen.  They're best buddies!

Grandma helping Queen down from the hay stack.


Calvin didn't seem to mind the wind.

Somebody should tell that girl to smile.  Complete focus.
Big D says she gets that from me : ).



Now she's able to smile.  A job well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
My photo
I'm an on-the-run mom to 6 kids who studied and taught exercise science in a previous life. I love all things running, nutrition, and health-related. I usually run at zero dark thirty in the morning and am often quite hungry before, during, and after my run, but I live a rich, full, blessed life with my children, family, and friends. My faith in God is my anchor, and looking to Him and His promises allows me to live fully even when life circumstances are difficult. While running gives me an appetite, my desire is to hunger and thirst for righteousness more than for physical food.