Saturday, October 8, 2011

A Saturday Off!!

I can't believe it's Saturday and we don't have a swim meet or recital!!  And I don't have a major project that needs to be completed today.  So far, I've done three loads of laundry and made a diaper with extended tabs.

Thank you to those of you who suggested the three-stitch zig zag.  I think I'm finally starting to get the hang of this fold over elastic.  I still lose control every now and then, as you can see.




And I made my first repair with the sewing machine.  The velcro strap on Measle's terribly expensive Fivefingers shoes, which her Nana bought for her, broke a couple of months ago and have been in the "need to be fixed" pile.  We happened to have just the right shade of purple thread, so you can't even tell!  (Believe me when I tell you it was not easy manipulating the shoe and strap onto the sewing machine, but I was determined!)


Now I'm off to exercise and read.  This may be the perfect day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
My photo
I'm an on-the-run mom to 6 kids who studied and taught exercise science in a previous life. I love all things running, nutrition, and health-related. I usually run at zero dark thirty in the morning and am often quite hungry before, during, and after my run, but I live a rich, full, blessed life with my children, family, and friends. My faith in God is my anchor, and looking to Him and His promises allows me to live fully even when life circumstances are difficult. While running gives me an appetite, my desire is to hunger and thirst for righteousness more than for physical food.