Friday, October 14, 2011

The ALMOST Balloon Launch

I was going to title this post Failure to Launch, but I suppose that's not exactly accurate.  I think the balloonists knew when we got to the park this morning that they would be prevented from launching due to wind currents, but they put on a great show for the kids anyway.

We got word that hot air balloons were taking off from parks all over town this morning, including our own local elementary school park.  The school encouraged parents to watch with their kids and allowed school to start late this morning in honor of the hot air balloon. 

So we made it to the park bright and early, or dark and early in this case around 7:40.  My mom met us over there and of course I forgot Calvin's jacket.  Calvin, Lucie and I watched mostly from the car while the older four kids and my mom were right in the thick of it.










No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
My photo
I'm an on-the-run mom to 6 kids who studied and taught exercise science in a previous life. I love all things running, nutrition, and health-related. I usually run at zero dark thirty in the morning and am often quite hungry before, during, and after my run, but I live a rich, full, blessed life with my children, family, and friends. My faith in God is my anchor, and looking to Him and His promises allows me to live fully even when life circumstances are difficult. While running gives me an appetite, my desire is to hunger and thirst for righteousness more than for physical food.