Saturday, October 29, 2011

Teamwork

We all know the secret of teamwork.  Many hands make light work. 




You can always tell when Twinkle Toes has her hand in something.  She's so creative.  Her snowman is in the background with the hat.  Measle's and Prince's is in the foreground. 

Anyway, this post isn't really about making snowmen.  I've been very spoiled to have help with my house.  We've had a wonderful housekeeper who has actually been more wonderful than housekeeper, but anyway she's been a big help to us through the years.  Her life has gotten crazy and unpredictable lately and she hasn't been able to help us very often... at all.

Big D came home from work last night and decided he was up for some cleaning.  What's funny is the house didn't even look dirty, but he knew it was, down deep.  The stuff I never have time to get to!  I manage to keep clean clothes in the kids' closets and keep everything pretty straightened up and the kitchen clean, but the other stuff has to wait for project days.  Well, Big D had a major project day last night.  He used the handy dandy vacuum with attachments to clean in all the corners and even braved the sofa!



Isn't that terrible?!  We actually dig around in the sofa about once a week looking for the remote, but Big D lifted the back cushions up and scooped everything to the front.  I knew all those pencils couldn't have been disappearing into thin air!  Yuck! 

Then he emptied out my computer desk and hutch and filled an entire 50 gallon trash can with junk!  Let me repeat- I had 50 gallons of stuff in my computer hutch.  I know it's hard to believe.  I'm very skilled at cramming things into tight spaces.  And I keep everything computer-related.  Software, instruction manuels, cords, scanners (this was one of the original prototypes- I got it in college!), scanner accessories, camera card readers (to cameras we lost long ago), modem and router boxes, EVERYTHING.  I couldn't even watch.  I just kept telling myself that if I really needed those things then I would have been using them on a regular basis.  I'm one of those people who thinks I should hold onto anything that I might want to use someday.  It feels great to be purged.  Hopefully I won't need anything that ended up in the trash can.

I'm grateful to have a husband who doesn't expect me to do everything on my own.  He knows how busy I stay homeschooling the kids and running the house.  And he knows that I just don't have the heart for some jobs.  Thanks, Big D!

1 comment:

  1. hahahahaha. That's awesome. Now it's official, your a lot more human in all of our eyes! Usually your super woman to me :-) Is it weird that I am glad that you have stuff under your couch cushions?? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
My photo
I'm an on-the-run mom to 6 kids who studied and taught exercise science in a previous life. I love all things running, nutrition, and health-related. I usually run at zero dark thirty in the morning and am often quite hungry before, during, and after my run, but I live a rich, full, blessed life with my children, family, and friends. My faith in God is my anchor, and looking to Him and His promises allows me to live fully even when life circumstances are difficult. While running gives me an appetite, my desire is to hunger and thirst for righteousness more than for physical food.