Monday, November 29, 2010

The things they say.

I have to write these down or I'll forget them.

Monk (11), surprised, as I hand him a cup of peppermint tea:  "Oh, is peppermint a leaf?"  He thought it was a candy.

Monk (11) to me:  "If only you were as good at sewing as you are at math!" (I've been trying to make him a pair of pajama pants for a few days.  Let's just say it's not going well.  I'd much rather be doing Algebra, or Calculus for that matter.)

Prince (4) as we were running from our car to the gym:  "Run like the windmill Bullseye!" 

Queen (2) asked for another cookie at Nana's house and I asked her what was the magic word:  "God."

Queen (2) when I asked her what she was doing in our bathroom in the middle of the night (Daddy just installed a new night light):  "I hidin."

2 comments:

  1. LOL! These are great! I love the magic word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did Queen get her cookie? ;) What an awesome answer.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
My photo
I'm an on-the-run mom to 6 kids who studied and taught exercise science in a previous life. I love all things running, nutrition, and health-related. I usually run at zero dark thirty in the morning and am often quite hungry before, during, and after my run, but I live a rich, full, blessed life with my children, family, and friends. My faith in God is my anchor, and looking to Him and His promises allows me to live fully even when life circumstances are difficult. While running gives me an appetite, my desire is to hunger and thirst for righteousness more than for physical food.