Saturday, November 27, 2010

3 more no-sew fleece blankets and instructions

My friend Debbie taught me how to do these.  They are super simple, fun for kids to work on (my 7, 9, and 11 yr olds were a big help), and so warm and cozy.  The only problem is my kids have unanimously decided to sleep on top of their bedspreads now using their new fleece blankets to stay warm.  This way all they have to do in the morning is fold their fleece blankets at the bottom of their beds.  Is this cheating?




Here are the step by step instructions.

1.  Buy 2 yards of fleece for the front of the blanket and 2 yards for the back.
2.  Wash the fleece.
3.  Lay the two pieces of fleece on top of one another lining up the corners and trimming off any overlap.
4.  Make a paper template 4 inches by 4 inches.
5.  Use the template to cut a 4 inch by 4 inch square out of each corner.
6.  Using the squares as your guide, cut a slit every inch (4 inches long, even with the square).  This is your fringe.
7.  Tie every other top piece of fringe with its corresponding bottom piece.  (You'll be leaving every other one untied for now.)
8.  Flip the blanket and tie the pieces of fringe left untied before.  That's it.

Give it a try.  If I can do it, anyone can do it!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! This is something I think I could do. I have given sewing many, many tries but just can't seem to get it right.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
My photo
I'm an on-the-run mom to 6 kids who studied and taught exercise science in a previous life. I love all things running, nutrition, and health-related. I usually run at zero dark thirty in the morning and am often quite hungry before, during, and after my run, but I live a rich, full, blessed life with my children, family, and friends. My faith in God is my anchor, and looking to Him and His promises allows me to live fully even when life circumstances are difficult. While running gives me an appetite, my desire is to hunger and thirst for righteousness more than for physical food.