Monday, August 30, 2010

Easy cinnamon rolls!

Well, at least easier cinnamon rolls.  I've shared with you before that for many years I did just what I had to in the kitchen for us to get by.  Since coming home full-time to stay last year, I've started experimenting more and more- and trying to make more things from scratch.  I'm easily intimidated by complicated sounding recipes, so I usually adapt things to make them easier to make.  Last night I used my bread machine to mix up cinnamon roll dough, then I rolled it out, spread the filling over top, rolled it up, sliced it into individual buns, and arranged them in a 9X13 to let rise overnight in the refrigerator.  Then this morning I got them out and let them sit at room temp 30 minutes before baking them 25 minutes at 375.  (The aroma really helped the kids drag themselves out of bed at 6:45 this morning.)

Here they are ready to go into the fridge last night.


Here they are fresh out of the oven.

Cinnamon roll dough- (from The Bread Machine cookbook)
1 c milk
2 T butter
1 egg, beaten
2 T sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3-3.5 c flour
1.5 tsp yeast

Filling
After rolling out dough, I brushed with 2 T melted butter
1/2 c brown sugar and 1 T cinnamon mixed together
Raisins, sprinkled on top

Cream cheese glaze
1 T cream cheese
1 T softened butter
Powdered sugar and milk to desired consistency

They were a hit with the kids!

See, almost all gone!

3 comments:

  1. do you need a bread machine to make the dough????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no bread machine, but when I do make them from scratch it takes hours. I use regular icing, and loads of it. Makes me want a bread machine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that I will have to try out this overnight method. Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
My photo
I'm an on-the-run mom to 6 kids who studied and taught exercise science in a previous life. I love all things running, nutrition, and health-related. I usually run at zero dark thirty in the morning and am often quite hungry before, during, and after my run, but I live a rich, full, blessed life with my children, family, and friends. My faith in God is my anchor, and looking to Him and His promises allows me to live fully even when life circumstances are difficult. While running gives me an appetite, my desire is to hunger and thirst for righteousness more than for physical food.