Friday, August 20, 2010

The Creation Museum

I've been wanting to take the kids to the Creation Museum so badly.  I was hoping we could go last year, but it didn't work out so Big D drove 3 hours each way from his brother's house in Terre Haute, Indiana so we could take in this wonderful attraction while in the vicinity (loosely speaking). 


Our first family pictures in almost two years.  Please note I'm 7 months pregnant.


I knew we'd see lots of creation science exhibits, but I was pleasantly surprised about the many exhibits dedicated to the Word of God.  Here's Monk posing in front of Luther nailing his 95 theses on the door in Wittenberg.  The hammer that sparked the protestant Reformation.

Louie in front of a replica of Guthenberg's printing press which made it possible to mass produce the Bible in Europe for the first time.





Noah's ark, of course.  The girls enjoyed the interactive computer quizzes stationed throughout the Noah's ark exhibit.  Twinkle Toes (9) got every answer correct.  Measle Bug (7) didn't fare so well.  Gotta work on our listening skills!

Ice cream break.



The motley crew.

The botanical gardens are beautiful!











AB was a little tentative, but did feed the donkey.

Measle fed all the animals.  Aren't alpaca's cute?

The petting zoo gang.  (Everyone else abandoned us and went back to the RV for some R & R while we braved the heat.)

Bye-bye Creation Museum.  We hope to visit you again someday!  We were all really impressed with the quality of the museum- Disney quality in my husband's words.  We were also impressed with the high view of Scripture here- the museum really is as much about the truth of God's Word and the gospel as it is about creation.  I loved the 7 C's of the showcase exhibit Walk Through Biblical History:  creation, curse, catastrophe, confusion, Christ, cross, consumation (or something like that.)  The kids got a kick out of the Men in White special effects show and Big D and I could have spent all day in the bookstore.

3 comments:

  1. what an awesome museum! I love the family pics. You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks awesome! My kids would like that, especially my dinosaur-crazy 4 year old!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In April we were in Kentucky and about two hours from the musuem but ran out of time and money to try and go. Next year when visiting family again in Kentucky we really want to try and go. Thanks for sharing the visit.
    Blessings
    Diane

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
My photo
I'm an on-the-run mom to 6 kids who studied and taught exercise science in a previous life. I love all things running, nutrition, and health-related. I usually run at zero dark thirty in the morning and am often quite hungry before, during, and after my run, but I live a rich, full, blessed life with my children, family, and friends. My faith in God is my anchor, and looking to Him and His promises allows me to live fully even when life circumstances are difficult. While running gives me an appetite, my desire is to hunger and thirst for righteousness more than for physical food.