Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Insanity Update- Day 16

I'm still at it, so I guess it's official- I'm insane.  Seriously, I really like this workout.  Many of the moves are somewhat familiar to me, but I know them under different names.  I jokingly refer to Level 1 Drills as lookin' for the paci and Suicide Drills as pickin' up the paci (I repeat these drills frequently throughout the day).  Ski Jumps are washer to dryer to washer to dryer and Hurdle Jumps are over the dog gate.  Power Squats could be wipe toddler's bottom/nose and Insanity doesn't even have a drill that compares to picking up Calvin in his carrier!  That said, the workout is tough.  But you know me, I love a good challenge!


Insanity is quite the topic around here.  Monk completed the Cardio Power and Resistance workout with me the other night and Measle Bug (7) has been leading Prince (5) in exercise classes each afternoon.  They're really serious about it- as you can see.  The Bug has always had moves.  She would have loved to have been a cheerleader.  She was just born to the wrong parents for that.  Poor girl.


I've been pretty much following the Insanity workout calendar, but I did switch around my day off last week to accommodate our late night at the ranch Saturday.  This meant that I did not get a day of rest before taking my fitness test yesterday.  I still improved in all the drills so I can't complain.  And I probably should have completed Cardio Abs separate from Pure Cardio instead of doing them back to back the day before my test.  Some days I also walk, some days I run on the treadmill and some days I don't do anything but Insanity.  I don't think I've lost any weight, which is ok, but I think I'm beginning to tone up a little more.  The exercises are definitely getting easier!

What are you doing to get in shape or stay in shape?

1 comment:

  1. You go girl!
    Day 16! Wow! I just did day 14 yesterday, I think. I did 6 days in a row last week, but since I am still running..building up to 30 miles a week by August 1, I decided to cut back to Insanity 3 days a week. So this week I did Insanity Sunday, Tuesday, and I will tomorrow, and I ran 4 Monday, 8 today, and I will run 4 Friday. I hate that Fit test, and I will NOT be doing it again. I think there is not enough warm up and/or too long between each drill--I guess my muscles aren't staying warm or something. Anyway, I did improve in each drill, but my knee was killing me after the power jacks. Stabbing pain that brought tears to my eyes. I had to switch to just squats, and I almost collapsed after doing two power jumps because my knee just buckled. So, i did plyo cardio just fine yesterday (meaning no stabbing knee pain). Pure cardio is tomorrow. I also did not like doing the cardio abs right after pure cardio. Not sure how to modify that.

    I haven't lost any weight either (still just maintaining), but I can tell that I am toning up! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
My photo
I'm an on-the-run mom to 6 kids who studied and taught exercise science in a previous life. I love all things running, nutrition, and health-related. I usually run at zero dark thirty in the morning and am often quite hungry before, during, and after my run, but I live a rich, full, blessed life with my children, family, and friends. My faith in God is my anchor, and looking to Him and His promises allows me to live fully even when life circumstances are difficult. While running gives me an appetite, my desire is to hunger and thirst for righteousness more than for physical food.