Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My how they shine!

Last Saturday the kids printed fireflies. They're arranged from youngest top-left clockwise to oldest bottom left. Here's Twinkle Toes (9) with her World of Music trophy. I think she was awarded this for a statewide music theory test she scored well on.


Measle (6) was thrilled to get a trophy the same week as her sister. Measle ran track this year for the first time and all the kids got trophies.

Monk (10) worked at the ranch for his grandparents and picked up 1,140 pieces of brass from the shooting range. With the money he earned (3 cents a shell), he bought a large Bionicle and spent that evening feverishly putting it together. Here he is showing off his work.

Not to be outdone by his older siblings, American Boy (4) has mastered pattern recognition and put together this rainbow road from my blog friend Tara at Too Many Kids in the Bathtub. It's also a handy tool to teach the order of the colors of the rainbow. Remember ROY G. BIV?

And it looks like we may have another musical one on our hands. Big D left the guitar out last night and guess who thought she'd try her hand at it? Baby Lu was just strumming away.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
My photo
I'm an on-the-run mom to 6 kids who studied and taught exercise science in a previous life. I love all things running, nutrition, and health-related. I usually run at zero dark thirty in the morning and am often quite hungry before, during, and after my run, but I live a rich, full, blessed life with my children, family, and friends. My faith in God is my anchor, and looking to Him and His promises allows me to live fully even when life circumstances are difficult. While running gives me an appetite, my desire is to hunger and thirst for righteousness more than for physical food.