Saturday, May 8, 2010

Milestones and Why is blue dog blue?

Measle finally lost her first tooth! She's been waiting for this for a long time. Measle turns 7 next month and was so relieved to finally lose a tooth.

American Boy turned 4 last month so today when we dropped the big kids off at art, he got to go, too! He's been watching his big brother and sisters go to art class for 3 years now and it was finally his turn. Another big milestone.

Today's theme for art class was from the book "Why is blue dog blue?" by George Rodrigue. In the book, blue dog is blue because he's thinking of the ocean.
Above is Monk's (10 yrs) interpretation of blue dog. Leave it to Monk to copy it exactly. He loves toeing the line.
Twinkle Toes (9) explained that her dog was thinking of Colorado Springs. I'm not sure how that translated into green, but leave it to Twinkle Toes to make that leap.

Measle said her dog was just thinking about pink, well magenta actually.

I'm not so sure what American Boy's dog was thinking about. A rainbow perhaps? He identified the black smudge as a big black storm cloud in the sky. Maybe his dog is thinking about the rainbow that will come at the end of the storm. I'd like to think so anyway. We could all learn a lesson from that:). "For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God." Romans 8:18-19

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
My photo
I'm an on-the-run mom to 6 kids who studied and taught exercise science in a previous life. I love all things running, nutrition, and health-related. I usually run at zero dark thirty in the morning and am often quite hungry before, during, and after my run, but I live a rich, full, blessed life with my children, family, and friends. My faith in God is my anchor, and looking to Him and His promises allows me to live fully even when life circumstances are difficult. While running gives me an appetite, my desire is to hunger and thirst for righteousness more than for physical food.