Thursday, January 13, 2011

Super fast and easy and did I mention delicious taco soup!

The 4 Moms are sharing cold weather recipes today.  This one's our favorite:

Super fast and easy, delicious taco soup

1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
1/2 packet mild taco seasoning
1/2 packet dried ranch dressing
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 can pinto beans
1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can corn

Simmer until ready to eat.  You can make many different variations of this recipe.  I've doubled it for a big crowd without doubling the beef.  I've used hominy instead of corn.  I've made it without black beans.  You can make it with ground turkey instead of beef.  Last time I even used ground deer since a friend had given us some.  It always turns out good.  And it's fast enough to make that I can throw it together in no time- especially when one of my trusty assistants opens all the cans for me.

Serve with your choice of grated cheese and sour cream on top.  I like to make corn bread when we have taco soup and some of us eat the corn bread in the taco soup while others of us like it on the side with honey.

Check out all the great cold weather dishes the 4 Moms feed their families.

Raising Olives
In a Shoe
Smockity Frocks
The Common Room

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
My photo
I'm an on-the-run mom to 6 kids who studied and taught exercise science in a previous life. I love all things running, nutrition, and health-related. I usually run at zero dark thirty in the morning and am often quite hungry before, during, and after my run, but I live a rich, full, blessed life with my children, family, and friends. My faith in God is my anchor, and looking to Him and His promises allows me to live fully even when life circumstances are difficult. While running gives me an appetite, my desire is to hunger and thirst for righteousness more than for physical food.