Monday, January 10, 2011

Calvin is 3 months old and his dad is already after me to cut his hair.


I mean, I get that his hair is long.  Every single time I take him in public, people remark on his hair.


But do I really have to cut it so soon?  I'm just not ready yet for sideburns!


Forget trimming above the ear, Big D wants to take the clippers to his hair.  He's talking buzz.


I can't stand it.  Am I being irrational?  I really love Calvin's hair.  He's just a baby.


It's not that his hair just doesn't bother me.  I really, honestly LOVE it. 


I think Calvin is the most adorable baby boy, ever.  And his hair just adds to his charm.


Someone at church asked me Sunday if we were going to wait until he had his first birthday to cut his hair.  They were just wondering how long it would be.  I don't know, but I'm thinking ponytail?


I did mention to Calvin that his daddy wants to cut his hair.  I don't think he was too thrilled.


He even looks a little offended.  I told him not to worry.  I won't let Big D cut it just yet.

5 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. I wouldn't cut his hair either. He's just so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's absolutely adorable, and so is all that hair. Maybe you should have named him Samson! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy it and when someone says, "SHE'S beautiful, the boys will be all over her when she gets older", THEN it's time to cut it. That's how I knew it was time to cut Nicholas' hair.

    Oh, and whatever you do, don't buzz it. I did this to Nicholas. Mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My 4th born was like this, but it was ME after his dad to let me cut his hair! lol I always said no one could see the baby for the hair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lot of hair! My son had hair like that too. And he likes letting it grow out some, now if he would just comb it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
My photo
I'm an on-the-run mom to 6 kids who studied and taught exercise science in a previous life. I love all things running, nutrition, and health-related. I usually run at zero dark thirty in the morning and am often quite hungry before, during, and after my run, but I live a rich, full, blessed life with my children, family, and friends. My faith in God is my anchor, and looking to Him and His promises allows me to live fully even when life circumstances are difficult. While running gives me an appetite, my desire is to hunger and thirst for righteousness more than for physical food.