Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Rest of the Story

Mr. Monk paused while reading in The Young Folk's Bible by Josephine Pollard yesterday, looked up at me and said "They leave a lot of details out of these stories and I'm not so comfortable with that." I told him he could go to his Bible for the rest of the story.

I've been thinking about that same thing in regards to our Christian walk, lately. I love Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is a gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast." But this is just the beginning, not the end of our walk with God. The rest of the story is in verse 10. "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." Too often we are tempted to rest in Christ's work and neglect the work that He has designed us for.

I can do nothing good without Him, but "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
My photo
I'm an on-the-run mom to 6 kids who studied and taught exercise science in a previous life. I love all things running, nutrition, and health-related. I usually run at zero dark thirty in the morning and am often quite hungry before, during, and after my run, but I live a rich, full, blessed life with my children, family, and friends. My faith in God is my anchor, and looking to Him and His promises allows me to live fully even when life circumstances are difficult. While running gives me an appetite, my desire is to hunger and thirst for righteousness more than for physical food.