Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Night School

We've had some doctor's appointments lately and my husband and the kids have been talking about going skiing.  In order to free up my time to take kids to the doctor and make sure they don't get behind in the event of a last minute day trip with dad, we've been doing some night school.  I've loved reading ahead in our Sonlight read-alouds with the kids.   There's something so liberating about starting a day of school knowing that you've already accomplished something!  This also gives the kids an extra 30-40 minutes in their school day, which they are loving.  I'm sure there will be evenings when we don't get all our reading done at night, but I like trying to get a jump on our day and the kids do, too.

Do you do school at night?

1 comment:

  1. Yes, only we usually have night school for the opposite reason...we're behind! You cracked me up with your post on going through phases. Me too. Though I really did enjoy the soaping phase and will return to it one day, Lord willing. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
My photo
I'm an on-the-run mom to 6 kids who studied and taught exercise science in a previous life. I love all things running, nutrition, and health-related. I usually run at zero dark thirty in the morning and am often quite hungry before, during, and after my run, but I live a rich, full, blessed life with my children, family, and friends. My faith in God is my anchor, and looking to Him and His promises allows me to live fully even when life circumstances are difficult. While running gives me an appetite, my desire is to hunger and thirst for righteousness more than for physical food.