Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas!


This was the picture I took for our Christmas cards this year.  Each bigger kids was sliding into the little kids and I had about 10 seconds to get 5 or 6 shots.  I thought this one turned out cute.



This was taken at Santa's brunch at the Amarillo Club this year.  Lucie is a mess.  She's wearing her big sister's shoes and tights.  I didn't dress her and obviously didn't check her before church, either.  Guess it was one of those mornings.  Anyway, the food and fellowship were great, as usual.


My mom said for Christmas she wanted a picture of all of us.  I don't think my husband and I have been in a picture with our kids since Thanksgiving three years ago when Lucie was 1 month old.  We usually just get the kids.  We're going to try again tomorrow to get us all looking in the right direction.  



I have no idea why this picture is blurry, but I wanted to show off the pajama pants I made the kids today.  I went to JoAnn's TWICE today and Barnes and Noble and Dillards.  I'm one of those last minute people.  JoAnn's was pretty empty.  I guess I'm the only lunatic who decides at the last minute to sew something for all six of her kids.  They turned out ok, but I have a hard time picking the right size patterns!  Several are a little big on the kids, while others are barely big enough.  At least we can pass them down.

Our candlelight service was great tonight.  We have a time of cookies and fellowship, afterwards.  We got apple pie at my mom's and are looking forward to her yummy food again tomorrow.  Living in the same neighborhood as my mother and grandmother certainly has its perks!   Hope you're having a great Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
My photo
I'm an on-the-run mom to 6 kids who studied and taught exercise science in a previous life. I love all things running, nutrition, and health-related. I usually run at zero dark thirty in the morning and am often quite hungry before, during, and after my run, but I live a rich, full, blessed life with my children, family, and friends. My faith in God is my anchor, and looking to Him and His promises allows me to live fully even when life circumstances are difficult. While running gives me an appetite, my desire is to hunger and thirst for righteousness more than for physical food.