Saturday, March 27, 2010

Catching up

It's been so long since I blogged about our personal lives I thought I'd catch you up a little.


Monk had a great swim meet a few weeks ago. He won every event he swam in and also won the high point award for his age group. This was the highlight of the meet. The not-so-great part was Baby Lu throwing up 3 times. Once in the car just as we were pulling into town (4 hrs from home) and twice in the meet all over her stroller and me. What can I say? It was a memorable swim meet. Monk has one more short-course meet that he gets to swim in as a 10 year old (before aging up), so he's training hard for it.


Twinkle Toes didn't get much of a celebration for her 9th birthday because it fell on the night of our homeschool Scout pack's pinewood derby, which Big D was in charge of this year. Last year Monk won "coolest car" and second place in the open category of racing. This year he was disappointed to not win anything, but Twinkle Toes cleaned up. She won first place in both the sibling and open categories. Not only that, but the people running the race who have many other race results stored on their computer said her car was like the fastest pinewood derby car ever- at least on their track! So Twinkle Toes had a nice birthday, after all. And to top it off, I took her bowling last night with a couple of her friends.

Measle Bug (6) has been enjoying violin and has her first recital in April. American Boy (3) is getting a new bedroom upstairs near his big brother and he's thrilled about that. We've been carrying up toys one arm-ful at a time. And of course Baby Lu (17 mos.) is still mischievous as always. She got into the markers at Nana's house when no one was looking and quickly put on her war paint. I guess she was preparing for going on the war path:)




My exhaustion hasn't let up yet, but hopefully it will over the next week or two. I'm 11 weeks pregnant and looking forward to the second trimester. I'm plugging away at the 90 day challenge, still a couple of days behind, but planning on finishing up with everyone this next week. I've also been making my way through about 6-8 books relating to my creation series, so will be getting back to that soon.

And last, but not least, we had the pleasure of meeting Valerie from In Faith and Purity and her family this week. They were passing through town and stayed the night with us. We had a great time of fellowship and the kids enjoyed playing together. It's really cool that we're able to meet like-minded families through the blog world that can impact our lives in such amazing ways. What an encouragement! I hope they come back soon!

4 comments:

  1. I am so very glad to see you back online and to read how life is going in your household these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your too sweet! I am so honored to get the unique position of being able to fully picture your home and kids now, when you talk about them! WE had a blast!
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh--I didn't know you are pregnant--congratulations!!! :) I hope your exhaustion is gone soon. After dealing with that for months on end before I had my spleen removed, that is the one thing that I am dreading if I should be blessed with another pregnancy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear an update from you. Congratulations on the new growing baby! Hope you get your energy back soon. And we finished our Bible reading last night, so I my actually re-enter the blogging world again!!!

    Hope you are all doing well and you finish your reading soon!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
My photo
I'm an on-the-run mom to 6 kids who studied and taught exercise science in a previous life. I love all things running, nutrition, and health-related. I usually run at zero dark thirty in the morning and am often quite hungry before, during, and after my run, but I live a rich, full, blessed life with my children, family, and friends. My faith in God is my anchor, and looking to Him and His promises allows me to live fully even when life circumstances are difficult. While running gives me an appetite, my desire is to hunger and thirst for righteousness more than for physical food.