Thursday, December 9, 2010

Bartholomew's Passage- an advent story

Last year we read Jotham's Journey during the month of December.  It was our first time to read an advent story and I think I got as much out of it as the kids did!  As Christians it's our goal to re-focus our children's attention on our reason to celebrate Christmas- away from the stuff, and the shopping, and the stuff, and the Christmas movies, and the stuff... to the incarnation of Christ, His great humiliation by which He came to redeem those His Father would give Him.

This year we're reading Bartholomew's Passage and absolutely loving it!  The kids beg me to read more each day. 


What are you doing in your families to help re-focus on the Savior this Christmas season?  I love getting new ideas.  In fact, I learned about these books from several of you last year.  Thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
My photo
I'm an on-the-run mom to 6 kids who studied and taught exercise science in a previous life. I love all things running, nutrition, and health-related. I usually run at zero dark thirty in the morning and am often quite hungry before, during, and after my run, but I live a rich, full, blessed life with my children, family, and friends. My faith in God is my anchor, and looking to Him and His promises allows me to live fully even when life circumstances are difficult. While running gives me an appetite, my desire is to hunger and thirst for righteousness more than for physical food.